About the Company:
Our client is a global Fortune 500 company in the consumer goods sector, with over 20,000 employees.
About the role:
Location: 100% remote
Base Salary: $150K plus bonus
The AWS Cloud System Engineer is responsible for maintaining the Company website/application system delivery and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, providing production support and working on diverse internal projects including assisting in the migration of the Company's legacy web platform to Amazon Web Services (AWS). The focus for this position will be on supporting System operations, Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, Elastic Beanstalk,LightSail, API Gateway, VPC, ELB, CDN, WAF Security, App and web server setup, Atlassian Suite, EKS and associated technology stack for Cloud based hosted environments.
What you will do:
What you will do:
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data , security requirements and best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Automate the build and deploy process so that you can maintain the entire infrastructure
- Perform System upgrade and compatibility with tech releases.
- Produce weekly activity reports, briefings, standard operating procedures (SOPs), software development life-
- cycle (SDLC) documents and checklists, risk and issues logs and required artifacts.
- Work directly with consultants and technicians from vendor companies
- 5+ years overall IT experience
- Experience operating AWS-based applications
- Experience with Linux administration
- Experience running web scale of services on Amazon AWS
- Experience of Web server/Apache and web application containers
- Experience of chef, puppet or other Infrastructure Automation framework
- Experience with scripting (bash, PowerShell)