About the company:
Our client is a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations products and services. It is a publicly-traded Fortune 1000 company currently with $2.9 billion in annual sales and over 5,000 employees.
About the role:
The Logistics (data) Analyst is responsible for the analysis and reporting of logistics information. This position works cross-functionally to determine ways to optimize service levels, improve supply chain efficiency, and minimize costs.
- Plans, organizes, and executes Logistics activities and projects while ensuring assigned target dates are met.
- Participates in the assessment and review of project design alternatives and design change proposal impacts.
- Strong participation in team activities, establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking project assignments, while providing the appropriate guidance to cross-functional team members.
- Performs daily audits and maintains manifest tables within the AS/400 system to ensure optimized routing and order fulfillment.
- Identifies and solves problems by designing and implementing systematic solutions.
- Creates or revises standard operating procedures for logistics processes.
- Evaluates costs and identifies any potential improvement opportunities associated with expanding company’s Ground service territory network through the use of existing programs.
- Generates monthly reporting regarding UPS shipments and provides ongoing analysis.
- Performs a quarterly profitability analysis of existing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years of analytical experience required.
- Project Management experience preferred.