1 of 1
- The Client is looking for a Oracle DBA is responsible for working closely with both the project development team (scrum/sprint teams) and with the Clemson Oracle Database Administrators to provide Senior Oracle DBA support for numerous application and infrastructure databases.
- Previous experience in health care related information technology, insurance information technology, Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS), Medicaid eligibility, or social services eligibility, while not absolutely necessary, will be helpful.
- This position requires excellent communications skills including effective oral and written communication. If a vendor finds it necessary to substantially revise a candidate’s resume or add additional or clarifying information at the top of the candidate’s resume, then the resume is not yet ready for submission and the candidate will likely not be a good fit.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Advising development and product teams on best approaches for required data model extensions and/or changes.
- Hands-on Oracle development and application support in ways that are consistent with Oracle best practices.
- Collaboration with Clemson’s Oracle database administration team to maintain test, staging, production databases and the development of operations procedures for database management.
- Developing and executing a data migration plan as needed to accommodate data transfers from existing data stores.
- Coordinating with outside entities, including vendors for other systems/services, providers, professional associations, and other State agencies.
- Analyze Oracle performance data, recommend courses of action and implement best solutions to achieve optimum performance.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Client is seeking a Senior Oracle professional with the knowledge and experience along with comparable communication and interpersonal skills to enable success on this high-visibility project.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Healthcare industry experience and/or experience managing PHI/PII data
- Experience in data encryption and Oracle Net traffic encryption.
- Vendor management experience.
- Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
- Medicaid operations experience.
- Public sector experience is a plus.
Required Education and Certification:
- Bachelors degree in a technical, business, or related field. Masters degree is desirable.
- Oracle training/certification from a recognized source is beneficial.