About the Company:
Our client is SaaS company that delivers a platform that is the communications backbone of the enterprise. Their enterprise clients include some of the largest employers such as Amazon, Ford, Abbott, Nasdaq, and Intel to name a few.
About the position:
100% remote from any U.S. City
Seeking a Database Engineer to help elevate our communications platform which is being used by the largest companies in the world in some of the most technically complex environments you can find. You will be helping in the implementation of “big data” systems that require queries returning within sub-second response times.
- Implement and support systems that reliably and efficiently provide interactive query performance on large amounts of multi-modal data.
- Improve systems that handle scale.
- Troubleshoot and improve the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Collect, parse, analyze, and visualize large sets of data. Turn data into insights.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- 3- 5 years of experience.
- Strong SQL + scripting language skills
- Experience in SaaS development environment
- Experience performance tuning large scale databases
- Experience with ETL to data warehouse systems.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift, Aurora Postgres.
- Proficient in SQL
- Understanding of NoSQL and RDBMS.
- Knowledge in multiple scripting languages (e.g. Python).
- Knowledge of cloud, distributed systems, and stream-processing systems.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving hard problems in a fast-paced environment.