About the Company:
Our client operates in 40 countries as the global financial services arm for a luxury and commercial vehicle manufacturer.
About the Position:
As a key DevOps Engineer on the Financial Services IT DevOps team, you will design, develop, and build medium to large-scale components that support our organization’s DevOps strategic pipelines. With your experience in serverless computing, version control, testing, integration, and deployment methods, you will work with diverse IT teams to define guidelines and make recommendations based on leading industry practices tailored to our development needs.
Are you a DevOps Engineer who has agile methodology experience with:
- Developing high performance, scalable solutions, front-end to back-end services, and integration of solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and conducting root cause analysis
- Working with end-users to understand and implement new requirements
- Ability to understand and follow processes and guidelines, communicate regularly, escalate in a timely fashion, as well as demonstrate and support top performance
Do you have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with key technical backgrounds:
- Designing, developing and building medium to large-scale pipelines using multiple DevOps tools like JIRA, Bamboo, and Selenium is required
- Thorough understanding of concepts such as serverless computing such as version control, testing, integration and deployment methods.
- Define guidelines and recommendations based on leading industry practices tailored to our development needs.
- Embracing new technologies with curiosity and outside-the-box thinking
- Re-engineer processes, code, and script programs related to testing, building, designing, deploying, and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery processes using tools like Jenkins, Git, etc. (50%)
- Maintain DevOps process and tools that have been implemented. Deploy updates and fixes and provide technical support. Perform root cause analysis for production errors. Investigate and resolve technical issues. Develop scripts to automate visualization. Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance (20%)
- Work in close coordination with the development and operations teams such that the application is in line with performance according to customers’ expectations. Report and manage DevOps KPI’s (20%)
- Develop strong and productive relationships with business partners, colleagues and management. Collaborate with Daimler Financial Services colleagues in other regions for building scalable solutions. (10%)
- This position requires a minimum of 1+ years of overall work experience.
- Work with end-users to understand and implement new requirements
- Work in an agile team environment to develop, test and deploy software, platforms, and changes using agile methodologies, concepts, and framework such as Scrum and Kanban
- Develop high performance, scalable solutions, front end to backend services, integration of solutions
- Familiarity with Restful APIs; Docker, Gitlab CI, Puppet
- Knowledge of development in cloud environment is desirable.
- Provide operational support when necessary
- Experience in analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and conducting root cause analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, Master's Degree is preferred.