About the Company:
Global technology company with over 15,000 employees
About the role:
- 100% remote
- No Visa Sponsorship
- The DevOps Engineer will be part of an organization responsible for key Company's SaaS offerings already in the market as well as upcoming programs. This individual will join Scrum teams to be a hands-on contributor with focus on designing, developing and continually improving Infrastructure as Code (IasC) required by the supported programs as well as being the subject matter expert on key operational aspects like availability, latency, monitoring, and monitoring.
- Define, review, and consult on networking and Kubernetes cloud deployment architecture in GCP, Azure, AWS.
- Design, and implement reusable Terraform modules for Kubernetes deployment in GCP and Azure.
- Collaborate with multiple internal organizations (e.g., IT, PLM, R&D) to establish best practices for multiple Company programs.
- Be a hands-on Infrastructure as Code team member representing the practice in Scrum meetings for multiple internal programs.
- Demonstrable experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Hands on experience on at least five Kubernetes deployments using Infrastructure as Code.
- Proven experience in fully automating a complex Kubernetes deployment.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficient in cloud computing (GCP and Azure experience preferred).
- Experienced in Kubernetes deployment in cloud environments (GKE, AKS experience preferred).
- Personally designed and deployed Kubernetes and related cloud services (e.g. monitoring, alarming, access control) multiple times using Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform experience preferred).
- Experience designing and deploying Istio and related cloud services using Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform experience preferred).
- Hands on experience using CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins) to trigger Infrastructure as Code pipelines.
- Hands on experience with server-side coding (e.g. shell scripting, Nodejs)
- This is a full-time position and may requires some after hours work (e.g. production cut-over, collaboration with team across the globe)
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Desirable: hold a GCP Cloud Architect Professional Certification or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert.