About the Company:
A global leader in providing scientific and academic research, patent analytics and regulatory standards to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
About the role:
100% remote from any U.S. City (preferably on EST)
Base salary: $125K plus 10% bonus. Total comp=$137,500
Primary focus for the role is to transform development processes for existing applications software development into a Continuous Delivery-driven SDLC, influencing and educating development and QA teams to adjust working practices in alignment with modern-day software development and delivery approaches (CI, CD, AWS). As a part of a DevOps team, the role is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining automation processes needed to build and deploy software components in AWS cloud.
The role also assumes small degree of incident management for any issue at any stage of the software development life cycle.
- Software delivery automation (CD, CI)
- Promotion and evangelization of DevOps best practices (CI, CD, automated testing, branching strategy, decoupling, etc…)
- Simplification and improvement of software delivery/release processes
- Support existing development processes
- Support cloud-based solutions by building and managing infrastructures in AWS
- Participate in services and software systems design
- BSc/MSc degree in the field of computer science is preferred, otherwise equivalent experience is expected
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Systems Administrator/DevOps supporting development teams
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, patching, releases and software development at scale
- Good understanding of enterprise standards and enterprise building principles
- In-depth knowledge in Linux OS
- Theoretical and practical skills in Web-environments based on Java technologies, e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, Jboss
- Strong scripting skills in one or any combination of bash, python, perl, ruby
- Good understanding of the mechanisms of Web-environment architectures approaches
- Strong knowledge of cloud providers offering, AWS in particular
- Good knowledge of a configuration management tool like Ansible, Packer.
- Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure orchestration tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.