About the Company:
Our client, is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States, and a member of the Ivy League.
About the role:
Base Salary: $110-$120K
Excellent Benefits including: 35 PTO Days, and 11.5 paid holidays. For Retirement: Employer contribution amount equal to 10% of salary.
Tuition Assistance: Classes are only $40 at the Harvard Extension School or 10 percent of the tuition cost at other eligible Harvard schools.
Primarly Remote: 100% remote for now but will be eventually be asked to come in to the office periodically. Must live in one of the following: MA, CT, RI, NH, VT, NY, MD, or ME
- Implements infrastructure and automation strategies for DevOps in partnership.
- Supports applications and systems portfolio for various University customers deployed across multiple platforms, both on premise and in the Cloud
- Proactively identifies opportunities to better leverage tools, improve process, or enhance services to be more efficient and effective
- Enables good technical decisions by understanding the purpose of the system, customer interaction, system goals, and providing key data points
- Draws on relationship and technical skills to support application portfolios
- Performs troubleshooting, administration and automation for infrastructure, applications, and database components
- Creates infrastructure code and automation using SDLC best practices and DevOps standards
- Works effectively within the team(s), demonstrating a willingness to help others, the HUIT values of User-Focused, Collaborative, Innovative, and Open, and embracing change
- Provides mentorship and guidance to System Admins and to University's technical teams, building awareness of best practices and operational procedures
- Stays current with emerging technology and trends with respect to DevOps, Cloud, and specific technologies
Minimum of five years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Five to seven years’ experience working as a DBA, System Administrator, Automation Engineer or DevOps Engineer in supporting enterprise systems in a complex computing environment
- A strong understanding and history of operation (installation, configuration) and maintenance (orchestration, patch management, upgrades) of full application stacks
- Certification of and/or experience in an Agile discipline (product owner, scrum master)
- Working knowledge of key cloud services, such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP services.
- Experience with coding in general and infrastructure as code (e.g., CloudFormation, Ansible, Shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environments
- Strong grasp of networking, security, and system administration concepts
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor