About the Company:
Global consumer goods organization with over 25,000 employees.
About the role:
The Data Platforms and Analytics Director is responsible for leading the data technology strategy, architecture, design and best practices for data platforms and related solutions, with overarching goals of reducing time to market of data products, reducing risks related to data, incorporate observability and telemetry, develop insights of functional teams (eg. sales, marketing, finance) and improving the agility of the organization – all towards transforming the company into a Data and Analytics driven organization.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Interface with business leaders across the world in different functional areas to ensure data platform capabilities are leveraged and communicated.
- Manage budget for external consulting and prioritization of projects to ensure team and external resources are properly engaged
- Manage critical reporting and dashboards for leadership across the world measuring financial and key performance in critical areas.
- Leverage a highly skilled engineering team to augment project and product teams for critical deliverables.
- Lead data technology strategy, architecture, design and best practices of analytics leads including data platforms and related solutions.
- Review and identify data solutions by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- 15+ years experience with relevant technologies and/or in CPG (Consumer Products Goods)
- Minimum 10 year’s experience working with multiple sources of data and suppliers (including advanced analytics)
- Experience in cloud-based data platform capabilities including Data Warehousing, Data Visualization and Data Management (eg. BigQuery, Snowflake, Tableau, Domo, Amundsen, Dataiku and more)
- BA / BS in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
- Advanced Degree strongly preferred (MS in Data Science / Statistics)