About the Company:
The World’s largest supplier of promotional products, operating on five continents and selling to over 100 countries around the globe. With main offices in the US, Europe, Hong Kong, Canada, and China, the company supplies a wide range of promotional, lifestyle, and gift products to several hundred thousand companies ranging from small enterprises to global corporations, through a network of advertising specialty distributors.
Summary of the role:
The Senior Director of Strategy will be responsible for leading the strategy function for the company. He/she will be responsible for the development and implementation of key strategic initiatives aimed at growing revenue and helping to advance the company’s market-leading position.
*******Position located in Pittsburgh and offers relocation assistance.********
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
1) Corporate Strategy: Operate as a thought partner to the CEO to set the direction of strategy. Identify key strategic growth opportunities at the company and work towards “cracking the case”. Work closely with business leaders to identify key strategic questions, scope analysis, assign resources, manage execution and report findings. Ultimately the Senior Director will have a key leadership role in developing analytics that will be used to establish well-supported solutions with specific recommendations that will enable the executive management team to make critical go/no go decisions. The Senior Director of Strategy will help shape and implement the strategy of the business and serve as an expert resource on growth and innovation processes.
2) New Market Development: The Senior Director of Strategy will take a leadership role in assessing both market and customer direction (current state and future state) and determining gaps that need to be addressed. This includes the management of relationships throughout the distributor network.
3) Executive Influencing: The Senior Director of Strategy will be interfacing and championing initiatives across a broad functional array. The ability to build alliances and influence the divisional implementation and execution of the developed strategy will be important to the success of this individual.
4) Project Management: The Senior Director of Strategy will be working directly with general managers/functional business leaders, the CEO, and the private equity team to execute on strategic initiatives. Further, they will own the delivery of results for Polyconcept strategy across the enterprise.
- Relevant Experience: The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of combined post-MBA experience with a minimum of 2-3 years of post-MBA experience with a top-tier management consulting firm. In addition to consulting experience, he/she should also have 2-3 years of experience with a consumer/B2B company.
- Relevant Functional Experience: Within the consumer industry, the ideal candidate will have completed multiple projects or initiatives focused on the creation of a loyalty program, technological integration, or eco-friendly solutions.
- Structured and Logical Thinking: The ideal candidate will have the ability to identify and define difficult business problems while demonstrating a “nose for value” to discern what is most important.
- Creative thinking: The ideal candidate will have a combination of integrative thinking (pulling insights and perspectives from disparate sources into synthesized ideas) and the ability to question the status quo and generally accepted beliefs.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills: The ideal candidate will possess strong problem-solving skills, project management experience, and strategic acumen – in combination with a practical, action-based mindset. Analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, are also critical.
- Executive Presence: The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to interact with and influence senior leadership, both at the company and the private equity firm. This will include the delivery of board-level presentations as well as leading high-level strategic initiatives across multiple functions of the company.