About the company:
Global IT services company with over 40,000 employees.
About the role:
This role works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. This person exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. This role will work with the Digital Workplace – Messaging Lead to architect Messaging technologies. This position will be required to provide guidance to personnel and work directly with customers and vendors. This position requires 8 to 12+ years of experience and expertise in the profession.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Expert-Level in Microsoft Exchange 2016/2013 Server and integrated technologies.
- Strong hands-on experience in complex Microsoft Exchange enterprise environment.
- Expert-Level experience in Configuring and Administration of High Availability environment for Exchange Services.
- Strong experience with Email gateway technologies like Proof-Point, McAfee and SMG.
- Environmental changes – consolidation, platform upgrades, and divestitures of Exchange, Office 365/Exchange Online.
- Strong experience in Enterprise vault and other archiving technologies for Exchange.
- Superior customer-facing and technical skills including the ability to develop “trusted advisor” relationship with Enterprise customers.
- Provide recommendations on the evolution of the infrastructure to meet short, medium and long-term objectives as it relates to Digital Workplace Collaboration.
- Provide recommendations regarding improvement and enhancements of the technologies supporting Digital Workplace Collaboration.
- Test, where appropriate and possible, in a production simulated laboratory environment any new Digital Workplace Collaboration technology prior to production implementation.
- Optimize the performance of the systems environment, including reconfiguration, maintenance and/or upgrades.
- Plan, Develop, Test, Provision, Administer and manage all related systems related to Digital Workplace Messaging.
- Manage and plan both hardware and software upgrades as necessary for Digital Workplace Messaging technologies.
- Create and maintain all documentation for all architecture, build, integration, transition and maintain phases of the Digital Workplace Messaging technologies.
- Conduct hardware capacity planning and make recommendations based on future direction and needs as it relates to supporting Digital Workplace Messaging technologies.
- Support partnerships with Microsoft and other vendors that make up the Digital Workplace technology area.