About the Company:
Our client: A technology company with 15,000 employees, is a global leader in cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud applications.
About the Position:
100% remote from any U.S. City
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be part of and leading a small, close-knit team of Engineers that are incredibly technical, agile, data-driven, and highly collaborative. You will be building the core services that our world-class product, which spans across the globe, will depend on.
If you're as passionate as we are about making the Company's platform increasingly awesome for our customers, we'd love to chat with you! We're seeking a highly talented, driven and motivated Software Engineering Manager with big ideas, who is also obsessed with finding new, intuitive, and engaging ways to interact with our customers, automating customer self-service, improving quality of service, and providing business analytics to deliver a superior customer experience.
- You will be a Software Engineering Manager on the Avaya Cloud platform.
- Lead a team of 5-7 working on core services within our Cloud platform.
- Participate in the SDLC
- Coach, mentor and develop engineers to work at their highest potential. Constantly raising the bar for both your team and all the teams in the organization.
- Drive modern software engineering practices into your team
- Code reviews and occasional coding.
- 10+ years professional experience in software development
- 5+ years professional Java software development; Experience in Go and other languages a plus.
- 3+ years as a manager in software engineering
- Experience with multiple product life cycles
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis)
- Demonstrable and clear understanding of multi-threading and distributed systems concepts and best-practices
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Experience with distributed systems, micro services, scalability, and reliability
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, TDD or other agile methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills