About the Company
Our client is a global IT services company with over 10,000 employees globally.
About the role:
The position is based in New London, CT and the Network Engineer must have DoD clearance-Top Secret Clearance.
- Provides tier 3 support and assists with project implementation within the networking environment.
- Successful provisioning as well as supervision of, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- This also includes the installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
- Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems to ensure operability. Installation and maintenance, network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
- Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
- Evaluates a system’s performance and identifies user needs based on approved software per customer specifications.
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Works independently on specific projects or may act as lead or Project Manager or a technical consultant where experience and knowledge span multiple projects.
- Ensures all design decisions are evaluated analytically and in a systematic manner in accordance with approved technical approaches, processes and procedures.
- May provide supervision and guidance for one or more team members including task and work product deliverables.
Works closely with network operations, systems and other groups on business projects, assignments, problems, etc.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development to a final product or solution.
- Ensures user environments are configured per requirements or baselines.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired outputs, whether solutions or products, which may include baseline performance (SLA’s, etc.), Incident management and Problem Management.
- Ensures proper documentation for the corporate knowledge base, including design, procedural and lessons learned. This also includes maintaining and updating existing documentation.
- Monitors the Network and System Enterprise with provided tools to ensure the health of the critical client solutions.
- Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
- Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program SharePoint and/or communities of practices.
- Staffs projects and maintain the resource plan.
- Assigns and reviews tasks, provides mentoring, manages performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
- Manages the performance of internal and external service providers in order to ensure the implementation of deliverables and resulting client satisfaction. Interfaces with sub-contractors.