About the Company:
Our client is a global telecommunications company with over 10,000 employees
About the Position:
H1B sponsorship available
The mission of our team is to build the plumbing in the cloud infrastructure that makes the cloud services deployment simple and fast. For the cloud team it also includes aspects of large-scale system design, networking, security, configuration and automatic orchestration and many more areas. You will be involved with our fast-paced releases. The role requires hands-on development. The role requires a deep understanding cloud-related technologies, management platforms, networking, and Wi-Fi.
- Architect, design and develop forward-looking optimized, performant, scalable and secure solutions
- Work at multiple layers of the application
- Execute the cloud related project duties, providing as-needed hands-on technical support
- Develop reliable, readable and maintainable code
- Manage your own project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to understand big picture, discern high level details and development dependencies
- Ability to lead and influence team members and product manager to forge consensus on technical discussions including architectural and design guidelines, code reviews, release process etc
- In general, the successful candidate needs to be multi-faceted, a clear communicator with the ability to manage programs, identifying risks and clearly communicating inwards as well as upwards.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or another technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in leading and technically managing projects
- Experience writing software, designing APIs, working on projects from cradle to grave, including the aspects of back office integration
- Experience building SaaS platform which utilizes micro-services/distributed systems architecture
- Solid understanding of Java aspects like JVM Garbage Collection, JVM Heap, JVM Stack, JVM Profiling, JVM parameters for fine-tuning, JVM Class Loading, etc.
- Experience on projects in Cloud computing or Cloud-hosted services
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Production expertise in any one of the modern stack Java, Scala, Kotlin or Go
- In depth understanding of microservices architectures, technological familiarity with public/private/hybrid cloud, Openstack, GCE, Kubernetes, AWS
- Have built API's/services:
That is built on top of MQ's - RabbitMQ, Kafka, NATS etc.
That uses cache like Redis, Memcached to improve the performance of the platform
That scales to millions of users in a cloud environment like Private cloud, GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.
Wifi knowledge would be highly desired