This role is responsible for transforming the retail experience within Sam’s Club for Members and Associates across all areas of the club. As Product Management on the in-club technology team, you will lead technology-based projects that will simplify club operations, drive sales, and reduce club expenses. This role will own work streams within already established projects and/or fully own new projects from discovery to implementation.
Roles & Responsibilities
Manages and coordinates product development projects.
Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues.
Ensures that labeling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications.
Researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities.
Works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy.
Manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management.
Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (advanced technical degree preferred)
• Min of 5+ years of relevant work in technical product management, owning and driving end-to-end product requirements across multiple technology teams.
• Experience in payments or retail or financial services industry as technical product manager.
• Passion for technology, willingness to dive deep into the technical products Walmart is building, and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
• Experience partnering with Data Scientists and/or Machine learning engineers.
• An understanding of large-scale systems and service-oriented architecture
• Fraud, Risk, Payments, Identity/Account protection background
• Machine learning product management experience
• Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and convincingly to a wide range of audiences., manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Drive end-to-end integration with partner teams.
• Demonstrated experience in analyzing large datasets and developing dashboards to derive insights. Comfortable with SQL or a programming language.
• Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously