About the company:
Global cosmetic and consumer products company with over 10,000 employees.
About the role:
LOCATION: Remote, but could return to Long Island City (Queens) a few days a month in the future
DURATION: 12 months+
An experienced Project Manager to deliver specifically on projects directly impacting stability in the IT environment. Reporting directly to IT PMO the PM should be well versed in standard project management methodologies. With status reporting to C -Suite Execs on progress, the job holder will also be expected to work independently driving and holding the suppliers accountable for delivering the projects, collaborating with in-house SME’s, and removing all barriers to success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in relevant subject or discipline (PMP preferred).
- Must have previous experience delivering global IT programs, preferably in blue-chip global company, and have worked with SAP modules in the past.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management implementations of Infrastructure and Applications
- Good technical skills and demonstrated experience in:
- Incident & problem management
- Change & release management
- Monitoring and alerting
- Availability, Capacity & Performance Management
- Tools: Monitoring, Diagnostic, Discovery
- Experience working in multi-cultural, multiple brand global companies across diverse geography utilizing managed service providers
- Excellent communication skills. Able to produce clear and concise Executive Level reporting.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing projects using standard project management methodologies including the ability to use standard project management artifacts
- Experience managing, tracking, and reporting project financials.
- Experience in global project delivery advantageous.
- A self-starter, proven in building project plans and governance who can work without daily oversight.
- A proactive and strong communicator with good professional networking and stakeholder management skills that can influence across teams and other departments
- Tenacious, with excellent, follow up and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills and capability to convert information to actionable goals
- A commanding presence that projects professional gravitas, alongside the ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Results and action-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations in decision making recognizing and supporting the organization's brand and regional preferences and priorities.
- Able to thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments.