About the Company:
Our client is a global telecommunications company with over 10,000 employees.
About the Position:
100% remote from any U.S. City
- Working within the DevOps organization the SecOps leader will be responsible for defining and implementing strategy and technologies for our Cloud security program. This hands-on role will require you to define processes, create policies and documentation which help carve the road towards cloud certifications. You will be hands-on and build security into our systems.
- Apply technical concepts and ensure laboratory equipment is fully functional for technical support
- Implements security controls to ensure the enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Evaluates, implements, operates security tooling and analysis and reports on output.
- Drives cloud compliance initiatives including program management aspects such as tracking cross-functional dependencies.
- Ensure management’s buy-in and commitment to a realistic roadmap for iterating and improving security throughout an organization
- Establish cross-team collaboration with security built into the software development lifecycle
- Communicating risk in a nuanced manner to inform business decisions
- Deep knowledge/experience in networking, infrastructure, and applications from a DevOps perspective with a security focus
- Extensive experience with intrusion analysis, incident handling, incident response, malware analysis, vulnerability assessment or penetration testing.
- Strong experience in implementing, operating and analyzing continuous monitoring tools.
- In-depth understanding of the methods of technical attack and how these can be detected in a digital environment
- Ability to assess and analyze a wide range of information to draw conclusions on how to improve the security of our systems
- Specific experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon EC2 deployments and virtual machines.
- Broad knowledge of release engineering: build, integration, deployment and provisioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 12+ years of infrastructure and operations management experience at a global scale.
- 7+ years of experience in operations management, including monitoring, configuration management, automation, backup and recovery.