About the Company:
Our client helps companies like Spotify, Paypal, and Starbucks manage their customer data.
About the role:
100% remote from any U.S. City
The company pays for 100% of employee health insurance and 75% for their dependants.
Unlimited PTO policy.
As an engineer who is a part of the Production Engineering Team, you will be integral to the design, set up, automation, and maintenance of challenges and solutions the team takes on. The ideal candidate should have effective intercommunication skills to promote collaboration with developers, support engineers, customers, and senior management. They will work closely with development squads, our client-facing teams, and customers, as well as other engineers and developers gathering requirements, architecting, and constantly delivering quality improvements to our platform.
- Be part of PagerDuty rotation responding to platform incidents and provide support for other engineers who are responding to customer issues
- Use your daily interactions with the platform and your experience and skills to constantly improve our environment and ensure that issues do not reoccur
- Maintain and augment our monitoring systems so that they alert on symptoms, instead of issues
- Be proactive and take ownership in identifying, raising, and resolving issues or deficiencies you see anywhere in our environment
- Produce and improve internal documentation and SOPs where they are missing or lacking quality or details
- Write new Terraform and Ansible code and improve existing codebase to help automate and remove toil from the team
- Live-debug applications and issues, and identify, resolve or own resolution for functionality and performance deficiencies
Identify, and suggest or resolve performance issues with production applications and their configuration
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- Comfortably “own” Terraform
- Comfortably “own” Ansible
- Comfortably “own” the Linux shell
- Have a proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Have coding/scripting experience beyond simple scripts
- Have an eye for edge cases, behaviors, creative solutions