About the Company:
The global leader in TV entertainment serving multiple channels including travel, children, and science, with over 10,000 employees.
About the Role:
Location: San Francisco, CA
Base Salary: $200K to $250K (based on experience- multiple openings). Total Comp=$350K+
As part of a rapidly growing team, you will own complex systems that will provide a personalized and unique experience for millions of users across over 200 countries for all the Client brands. You will be responsible for building scalable and efficient microservices. You will design high-throughput, low latency distributed systems that will handle the scale of millions of users.
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, testing, maintaining, monitoring and owning scalable, resilient and distributed gRPC/REST microservices.
- Knowledge of resiliency patterns (retry, fallback, timeout, circuit breaker, rate limiter, bulkhead).
- Usage of platforms/tools like Envoy or Istio for integrating microservices and managing traffic flow across them.
- Obsession for instrumentation, monitoring and alerting of services (Datadog, Prometheus or similar), and distributed tracing (OpenTelemetry).
- Familiarity with incident response process (PagerDuty).
- Expertise with CI/CD pipelines and tools (CircleCI, Jenkins or similar) to automate building, testing and deployment of services and to manage the infrastructure (Pulumi, Terraform or CloudFormation).
- Strong knowledge of AWS or similar cloud platforms.
- Experience with container deployment, scaling, and management (Docker, Kubernetes or ECS).
- Proficiency with Go.