About the Company:
A market leader in online lending based in Wilmington, DE.
About the Position:
The Sr. Software Developer will be accountable for the timeliness and quality of the engineering products produced within their assigned product team. It is imperative the Sr. Software Developer is capable of recognizing Minimum Viable Product (MVP) features sets, risks, and dependencies and recommend iterative delivery packages to maximize business value and minimize time to market.
Additionally, the Sr. Software Developer will be accountable for executing development activities aligned with agreed development and quality control standards. The Sr. Software Developer should encourage and promote Associate Developers to exhibit the same behaviors. The Sr. Software Developer will ensure the production of technical documentation and supporting processes as solutions are delivered.
- Develop and deliver software iteratively and incrementally
- Perform Unit Tests, Integration Tests, and implement supporting testing utilities
- Interpret, confirm, and/or challenge business requirements and document technical requirements
- Explain and discuss the importance of good software design and the pros and cons of best practices such as styling, documentation, refactoring, test driven design, and pair programming with the broader team
- Lead the development team through continuous improvement activities
- Provide peer/mentor support for Development staff
- Participate in group knowledge sharing as both a consumer and supplier of knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of enterprise front end web development experience including both static and dynamic (progressive) web applications
- Ability to create high-level design documents, sample screen images, workflow diagrams, and lead stakeholders through white-board design discussions
- Proven track record of innovation, clever problem solving, and high-quality rapid delivery
- Exposure to and understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Test Automation constructs and procedures
- Familiarity with PHP, Webpack, npm, Java, and/or Python, preferred.