About the Company:Our client is a SaaS for insurance companies.
About the Position:
100% Remote from any U.S. City
We have an immediate opening for a Systems/Network Engineer to join our growing IT Operations team. The work will encompass day to day systems operations duties implementing, monitoring, fixing information systems and providing support for the department and organization’s clients. Ideal candidate is an individual who is creative, motivated, energetic, and eager to learn new technologies with a dedication to maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Support, maintain, and enhance day-today information systems and infrastructure, through infrastructure as code.
- Design, develop, test, and document new automated solutions to improve current and new processes.
- Reduce 3rd Party and Custom application Build, Deployment, and Configuration complexity through automated solutions
- Research new technologies and best practices to create and improve new or existing processes
- Identify, diagnose and correct issues related to the operating systems, software, utilities, AWS environment and ancillary services via Ansible automation.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity, availability and performance of the infrastructure environment, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues using Wireshark.
- Deploy and maintain operating system software and third-party software utilities, systems and services within company operational guidelines.
- Conduct system analysis, configuration management and develop improvements for system performance, availability and reliability.
- Implement and maintain appropriate levels of system security.
- Manage system backup / disaster recovery procedures; participate in disaster recovery efforts including regular testing.
- Address and resolve critical system issues as needed on a 24X7 basis including notification, escalation and coordination across the organization.
- Manage and address incident tickets and change requests within pre-defined service level agreements.
- Regularly communicate status of incidents and requests with customers and key stakeholders as dictated by the severity and circumstances of the incident.
- Maintain updated documentation of all in-progress and completed projects in appropriate systems as required by team management.
- Create and maintain system documentation for organizational technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Proficiency in Powershell is a must
- Network: troubleshooting with Wireshark, subnetting
- Firewall: Fortinet or other firewall management
- Ability to use and quickly acclimate to a wide array of technologies and tools with a focus on event-driven AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Infrastructure: AWS Cloud, NGINX, Sophos UTM, Ansible (or equivalent like Saltstack, Chef or Puppet)
- Monitoring: Datadog, New Relic
- Services: IIS, MSSQL, Active Directory & Group policy management
- Ability to code and script - emphatic with incremental development, testing and deployments.
- Experience with a variety of operating systems and technologies to support a diverse environment.
- Windows 2019
- Strong grasp of automation tools: Ansible / Saltstack
- Self-starter/Self-regulated – you don’t need to ask what to do next.
- Execute projects with minimal direction.
- Organized, concise, efficient
- Collaborative – breaching functional borders.
- Interpersonal skills are a must!
- Strong focus on business outcomes.
- Consistently developing knowledge of the business and our impact in the market.
- Design, document, and implement an automated unit-testing for a real-time configuration management system.