- The division of technology services is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and obtaining multiple mission critical applications for the department of social services.
- The department seeks a highly motivated individual with advanced experience and extensive software development skills to play a key role in the application development team that will deliver new DSS child welfare re-engineering projects.
- The candidate will serve as the systems program project lead.
- Along with RTR get the DSS form completed and signed by the candidate. Please download the document.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The candidate’s responsibilities also include the following.
- Lead the development of a secured provider portal qualified providers who provide services under the families first prevention services act(FFPSA). Portal will interface with the states CCWIS, (child and adult protective services system(CAPSS).
- Assist in the planning and system design to implement the new CCWIS and Afcars federal requirements
- Assist in the development and implementation of CAPSS changes for the families first prevention act
- Assist with ongoing maintenance and operations of the state’s CCWIS, child and adult protective services system
- Develop and modify vb/asp.net and C# code that accesses a MSSQL 2008/2012/2016databases
Preferred Qualifications Preferred skills (rank in order of importance):
- Preference will be given to experience related to childwelfare or human services system design and development and/or knowledge of the SACWIS/CCWIS requirements and objectives
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly with the development team, project staff, and the user community.
- Strong project skills
- Experience with agile software development is a plus.
- Minimal management required
Minimum Qualifications Required skills (rank in order of importance):
Environments and tools:
- 10+ years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using .net architectures.
- 8+ year’s experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the over all application architecture.
- 8+ years’ experience building windows/web-based software systems, utilizing n-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and at least two application, database, messaging or web server systems.
- Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
- Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other state information technology staff.
Environments and tools:
- MS server 2012 r2/2016 enterprise server, IIS 8.5
- MS SQL 2012 r2 /2016 enterprise server.
- TFS (team foundation server)
- Microsoft visual studio 2010/2013/2015
- c#, .asp.net, .net
- java script
- Entity framework 6 – is a plus
- Asp.net MVC3 or higher is a plus
- BS or Associate degree
- Interview process (who will conduct i/v, phone or in-person, how many rounds of i/v’s)?
- Interview will be by phone and will be conducted by a team of 3 – 5 developers and or project managers.